QueenBeeBlogs

we like to make things! we like to talk about the things we make! yippee!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

100 miles my april 1st.....


This weekend has been great. I have had it to my self, for the most part. My husband has been working on an architecture competition. I will have to show you once he finishes, I think it is looking good. So while he has been hard at work, I have had the whole weekend to my self - at home. I am proud to say that there is not a dirty garment in my apartment, which is unusual for me. I don’t really like doing laundry… but now I don’t have to do any more for a while. I have been done some knitting. Mostly on a baby blanket that I started over a year ago for my girl friend’s daughter, she is going to be one in March. My goal is to finish it by her first birthday. Cross your fingers for me. I also headed out to the Salvation Army for a wool hunt. I found 4 great sweaters that are ready to be washed as well as some great fabrics that I hope to make into a spring skirt for my self. We will see…. First I need to find a good pattern.

Friday was a good day. I spent to morning out on site for my project – the Metra Market (train station I am working on). I will post photos when construction starts. Then for lunch my boss Sue and I headed to an opening for Chicago’s Winter Delights Stitching Salon. It was wonderful. The photo posted above is a skirt that every one is working on collectively. It was so much fun. I can’t wait to see what it looks like next week. About 10 people were sitting around this table working on the skirt, you could bring your own work of art to attach or you could kit something there. What is great is that this even is free and it will be going on for the next two months. The good news is that it is only 3 blocks from my office. So that rocks! Next week I am also going to take my fist official spinning class on the wheel! I will let you know how that goes! J

Also… for the new year I have decided that I am going to run 100 miles by April 1st. This was my 1st week. I got 7 miles in! I think it is a great idea… Hey sara will you join me?? You are only 7 miles behind you have plenty of time! After our spectacular finish in September I think we have to redeem our selves! What do you say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home