QueenBeeBlogs

we like to make things! we like to talk about the things we make! yippee!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Spinning


It has been a good weekend and now it's time to go back to work, for yet another week of drawing; for love or money. Last week I took a spinning class, (one of my yearly goals) at my local yarn shop. Loopy Yarn - It was great. I think I did okay for my 1st spinning class. I was on a wheel that had two foot peddles like in the photo. It was hard to make it spin in the direction that I wanted it to spin. I think it will take time spent working on the wheel to get it down. I was able to make just a little bit of yarn, but I learned a lot in an hour. I think it would be fun to have a wheel but I may be saving for a bit. They run around 600 bucks... That is a good chunk of change for me. Although some day I would love to add spinning to my growing list of craft skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home